Welcome to the Monona County Sheriff's Page
The mission of the Monona County Sheriff’s Office is the Protection and Service of Our Citizens in a Professional and Compassionate Manner and the efficient and correct delivery of Law Enforcement services to the community. The people that make up the Monona County Sheriff’s Office are your friends, neighbors and relatives – we are a part of our community. With community support, the Monona County Sheriff’s Office will continue preparing for the future through partnerships, professionalism, performance and pride while consistently completing our daily goals and objectives. The Sheriff is the principal peace officer of the county.
• May call any person to his aid, and when necessary summons the power of the County.
• Serves subpoenas and other notices and levies on property when a judgment has been secured.
• Executes and returns all writs and other legal processes issued by lawful authority.
• Custodian of the county jail and is responsible for all prisoners committed to him until discharged by law.
• Transport individuals to locations as directed by court order.